Teacher Training Course Structure
Naad Yoga Teacher Training is a course of study in two parts.
Level 1 is a three-year programme covering the first six grades on the instrument chosen to support the voice. It covers all aspects of Naad Yoga and provides a solid foundation for personal practice, teaching, performance and healing.
Level 2 is open only to students who have successfully completed Level 1, passed an assessment and attended an interview. Level 2 deepens the knowledge gained in Level 1, and allows students to specialise in a chosen area while completing grades 7 and 8 on the instrument.
Each year of the course follows a similar structure:
- 24 weeks of self-guided learning with online or DVD course materials, to be completed within 36 weeks
- 36 hours of group classes, delivered either on a monthly basis (four hours per month) or quarterly (12 hours of teaching per weekend, three weekends per year). The offered structure depends on the country and the teacher delivering it.
- starting in the second year, the Sangat & Seva module will give students one hour of teaching experience per week (36 hours per year) under the guidance of senior staff. This amounts to a total of 108 hours of teaching experience. Students who opt out of the Sangat & Seva module will receive the Naad Yoga Diploma certificate after completion of Level 1, instead of the Naad Yoga Teacher Training certificate.
- 36 hours of teaching by Yogi of Sound Professor Surinder Singh on a residential intensive week in the first and second years
- Three-month break for reflection with individual practice and projects
In the third year, one taught weekend and the intensive week are replaced by a two-week trip to India with Yogi Professor Surinder Singh, which also marks graduation from Level 1.
Level 1 (three years)
The nine dimensions of Naad Yoga:
- Tuning: tune your ears and tune your soul
- Listening (Suniyai): listen to the voice of your mind and soul
- Rhythm (Taal): master the rhythm of life
- Singing (Gaviyai): sing yourself to bliss
- Chakras: assessing and balancing your energy field
- Sense-ability (Siddhi): master your 10 senses (external/internal)
- Emotional Signatures (Shruti): connect heart and sound
- Moorchana: the sutra of creating moods (raags)
- Composition: the road to Anhad (beyond sound)
The nine dimensions of Naad Yoga are also called the Nine Doors to Success and their application in daily life enables you to compose your life as co-creator of your reality.
A core element of Level 1 is the Sangat & Seva module, which gives students in years 2 and 3 the opportunity to step into the role of teacher and complete 108 hours of teaching under the guidance of Yogi Prof. Surinder Singh and other senior teachers. Teaching others is the fastest way to mastery in any given subject.
Level 2 (one year)
Healing with Naad: application and experience in case studies
Musicology: sound and emotion; the healing properties of raags